View Single Post
Old April 4, 2011, 12:29 PM   #9
tyme
Staff

I'm having trouble thinking of videos that would be so relevant to discussion on TFL that they merit linking, much less embedding. If there is one occasionally, it's certainly unusual enough that the difference between linking and embedding doesn't make a significant difference to anyone.

That said, video embedding on the web is ubiquitous, and if there were relevant content that could be embedded while maintaining TFL's S/N ratio, I don't think anyone would have a problem with that.

I think the concern is not whether embedded videos are good or bad for TFL, but rather how TFL members' use of that feature would alter the S/N ratio and increase moderation overhead, all for very little benefit.
“Who are you?” “A friend. I'm here to prevent you from making a mistake.” “You have no idea what I'm doing here, friend.” “In specific terms, no, but I swore an oath to protect the world...” (continuum)
“It's a goal you won't understand until later. Your job is to make sure he doesn't achieve the goal.” (bsg)

Page generated in 0.02689 seconds with 8 queries