View Single Post
Old January 31, 2014, 01:12 PM   #5
Quentin2

Its value depend on its condition, as already said. Find out how many numbers actually match on the pistol itself (there are about 15 numbered parts). It's wonderful to have two correct SN magazines but very unlikely. Check out that holster too, genuine ones are valuable.

Otherwise it's up to you whether to keep it or sell. I think it does have sentimental value if your uncle and father owned it a long time. I have a mixed parts 1913 DWM I bought in 1975 that now has much sentimental value. Also I love that it shoots well and uses modern ammunition (cheap Federal Champion 9mm) even though it's 100 years old. I took it out shooting with friends a couple months ago and everyone was impressed, no malfunctions with one magazine and the other mag just had problems locking the toggle back when empty.

Erfurts, especially by 1918, were not finished as nice as DWMs but are rarer. Of course what matters today is overall condition not what they looked like brand new. As far as standard P08s go, Erfurts easily can be more valuable than DWMs.

Page generated in 0.05119 seconds with 8 queries