View Single Post
Old November 7, 2013, 09:16 AM   #9
105gr

Thank you all for the replies. Yes, i left some details out so I'll try to explain that part. I started the first batch of 5 at 37gr of powder but with a much longer cartridge length. I had been reading that guys were taking the bullets out to within .010" of the lands so I made a dummy round to see where they were. I can fit a cartridge thats 2.817" in the gun cold. First 5 rounds measured 2.800" and by the time I got to the 4th round they wouldnt chamber(I assumed because of heat). Second set of 5 seated at 2.710" which is the max length in the manual and the same thing happened with 36gr of powder. The first batch shot better....second shot worse...now I have 5 loaded at 2.700" with the load turned back up to 37gr. And as far as the twist rate not being fast enough, it specifically says the 105gr A-Max will not stabilize in a 1:10 or slower twist barrel but nothing about the match, and if it DID include the match, I'm still faster than 1:10 AND it shoots 100gr factory loads just fine.

Page generated in 0.03914 seconds with 8 queries