View Single Post
Old June 7, 2011, 01:58 AM   #34
FrankenMauser

Quote:
If I had a slew of RCBS with their crappy decap pins, I'd probably keep a dozen spares on hand. (that was for you, FrankenMauser! )
I shall slaughter you! How dare you insult the equipment on my bench! I shall resort to a 12 page diatribe on the superior nature of a specific brand of equipment!

I have about 5 of each type of pin on hand for my RCBS dies (old style short, old style long, "headed" style short, "headed" style long). The old style pins also work in Redding dies (though I've never broken or bent a Redding pin). Most were sent free, from RCBS, upon request.

I haven't had to replace a pin lately, though. ...And the last one that was replaced was in a used ".38 Wadcutter Only" die set that had a bent pin when it was purchased. (Most of the pins I have had to replace are because I did something the die was not designed for. )

I don't think there's anyone left in the reloading forum, that doesn't know I've had really bad experiences with Lee dies (and some other equipment), but I generally only complain about the plastic equipment. I have no "across the board" issues with any major brand; just issues with certain products (and some of that is just personal preference, due to my methods).

However... RCBS customer service blows away anyone else I've had to deal with. I honestly wish I could give Redding a call, but I've never had an issue with any of their products that I have used.

...Give it about a month, and my bench will be even more colorful (the next press will be doozy ...and black.... ).

(For those of you that don't know... that's not an attack, of any kind, on Sevens. We have a good rapport. I only jest.)

Page generated in 0.03305 seconds with 8 queries