Thread: House Design
View Single Post
Old April 27, 2008, 02:39 PM   #13
OJ

Quote:
model70fan

Paranoid or Prepared???

Armed citizens, keeping America free from tyranny since 1776
My feelings exactly - being a Boy Scout (not easy in the countryside where we lived - had to be a Lone Scout and do all by mail) "BE PREPARED". Hardly a day goes by here that there isn't at least one report of someone forcing thier way into a house when the resident answers the door in "condition white". The luckiest ones get away with just being robbed - most get injured or even killed.

This is the most sensitive animal to what's going on around him that I've ever seen - he's in "condition yellow" even in his sleep.

If you're not aware of the fact there are those who are out to get you (?paranoid?), you just don't understand how things really are in today's world.

And yes - One of these is with me always except the minute or two I'm in the shower - yes, I carry at home (and everywhere else) and one resides by my bedside.

My feeling is that, if your house is designed with safety in mind and it is very difficult to break into, any consideration of having a "safe room" is secondary and a long ways behind.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Last edited by OJ; April 27, 2008 at 04:23 PM.

Page generated in 0.03499 seconds with 8 queries