View Single Post
Old April 2, 2008, 02:49 AM   #1
2cooltoolz

Attention Holster Makers!

I am a civilian CHL (CCW) holder in Texas. I need a CONCEALED carry IWB holster! Leather loops, over-the-belt clips, big bulky J clips and C clips, are NOT concealed! VELCRO!!!?...give me a break!
I am a white collar technical type, not prone to wearing my shirttail out and, living on the Texas Gulf Coast, infrequently wearing a jacket. I can legally carry a gun, but I do not want to broadcast it, or be "rousted" by "Barney Fife" when I'm out with the family.
I need tuckable PLUS! I have owned Galco Deep Cover (my current favorite, due to the "bottom of holster" attachment, very tuckable), Ultra Deep Cover, USA, and various pocket and OWB. I have a Mitch Rosen "Workman" model, very like the DC Galco, but with a leather snap/loop (prefer the J hook)
I've owned Several "high ride" Bianchi's and model 100 professional IWB models (I like the high leather backing between skin and gun). I just bought the "new wave" Comp-Tac Minotaur...very comfortable, but my wife asked, "what is that on your belt?"
I have owned a couple of Pager-Pals...seems like a good idea, but uncomfortable and hard to use. What they do offer is a "camouflage" accessory to hide the attachment....well, yeahh...duuuh!
Elmer McEvoy makes a nice IWB holster with camouflage accessories, but I'm not sure if they (he) are still in business. I've emailed, with no response.

MY IDEAS:
I just bought an $70 Galco sport/casual gunbelt. How about making one for $90 that has interior "ammo style", but wider, loops for holster clips?
How about a Galco USA/UDC type skinny "J" clip holster with TWO clips, for each side of a belt loop, to better support the holster (the belt supports the loop)?
On the comp-tac style "C" clips, put the "clip"part on top, to clamp the holster, but be less obvious (shirttail loosely tucked would cover) on one of the two clips. The conventional would hold the holster down on draw. Probably conventional on front, reverse in back.
If you want to put a leather snap/loop over the belt, put a high mounted, lateral, "coat hanger" style loop on it to attach a cell phone hoster.
I've personally spent over $500 on holsters in the last 6 months (admittedly for several different firearms) and maybe $800-900 in my life.
People are paying $100+, plus the price of a gunbelt, for nice holsters, that are marginally concealed.
Camouflage, interior-belt-loops, dual skinny J-hooks...thats 15 minutes worth of ideas...I'm sure you pros can do better.....HELP!!!

I'm hoping to connect here...forgive me a few bumps...

Page generated in 0.02534 seconds with 8 queries