View Single Post
Old March 14, 2005, 04:17 PM   #8
Edward429451

CT, I hear ya and appreciate your concern. I understand exactly what the ramifications of a misunderstanding of that nature would mean, and considering the type of scumbags that LEO deal with everyday, I can't say that I blame them for being cautious!

It's a fine line to walk, this thing called liberty. But why do LEO's search vehicles? Safety primarily of course, but the secondary reason is to look for reasons to take you to jail. I'd almost rather lay in the dirt for 10 minutes than give them invitation to search. There doesn't seem to be a middle ground with LEO's for the most part, and therein lies the risky dilema. How to protect oneself and rights and still somehow be able to let the officer feel safe and not offend him/her.

Sorry if I seem to be straying OT, but declaring weapons to officers opens a can o worms, wether CCW permit or not. Maybe if the DA's were not so eager to give plea bargains, the situation would not be as it is and such a big deal to officers because the real scumbags would be locked away where they should be.

Page generated in 0.04052 seconds with 8 queries