View Single Post
Old November 24, 2013, 09:10 AM   #69
batmann

I have a Glock 22, Glock 26 and a Walther PPS that, outside of cleaning after purchase, have been 100%. My personal experience with the 1911 platform (Colt) is just the reverse.It refused to run reliably regardless of ammo (factory) mags (Colt and other primo names) until I finally sold it.
Somebody explain to me why I have to spend a 1000+ dollars (or more) on a 1911 pistol and then spend the extra $$$$$$ to get the right mags and $$$$$to get the right ammo, and then send it to a gunsmith or back to the factory to make it right. I had a S&W 44 mag that would lock up on occasion while shooting standard loads. Both of these went away. I will not keep any firearm that is not reliable. If it is ammo related or shooter related that falls on me.
My Glock's on the other hand required nothing more than a quick clean and have functioned 100% regardless of ammo type and cost less than half of a 1911.
Sorry to start on a rant because I like the 1911 platform, but IMHO the cost to get one that runs outweighs the value to me as a pistol I can rely on. Then factor the cost of 'break in' and the 1911, even the ones that can cost $3000 or more, that may still no be reliable and I will stick with my ugly Glock's and my prime carry piece, the Walther PPS 9MM.

Page generated in 0.03858 seconds with 8 queries