View Single Post
Old January 17, 2013, 12:40 PM   #30
KMAX

Quote:
Stripper clips, that is. I suppose they could be called magazine clips.
I believe the Garand and some other battle rifles used an en bloc clip that was inserted into the magazine loaded full of ammo and were ejected when the lasr round was fired. This seems like the most likely thing that could be called a magaxine clip. Or maybe something like a spring clip that held a magazine together, though I have never seen anything like this.

While arguing semantics might make us look more extreme, it might also make some people realize that they don't know much about firearms and take some of the ignorant arguement out of them. A guy at work was talking about his three "assault weapons" (ARs). I asked if they were full auto. No. I asked how many people he had assaulted with them. None. How many times he had defended himself with them. None. What makes them assault weapons? They have pistol grips, collapsible stocks, and 30 round clips. I asked what is a clip. It is what you put the bullets in. This guy is one of us. I just turned back to my keyboard and monitor contraption and went back to work. Some people can't be helped.

The problem of these ignorant people is that they are the ones making policy and law for all of us.

I'm not old. I'm CLASSIC!

Page generated in 0.02534 seconds with 8 queries