View Single Post
Old August 22, 2012, 05:49 PM   #7
GI Sandv

Well, I can't say that I was shooting within one inch today at the range. For the most part, my groups were within 4", with a few aberrations in both directions. I'm not sure about the Mag-Pul MBUS sights. They seem okay, but I'd like to compare them to some other higher quality sights. It's been awhile since I fired a service M4 with irons, so I can't compare the sight picture I've got right now with that. But I'm determined to work with what I've got anyway.

Unfortunately, it started raining fifteen to twenty minutes into my range time. At 100 yards, I can't imagine this makes enough difference to blame my 4" groups on it. To make matters worse, a few times I had a straight line up and down, and a few others I had a straight line left to right. I'm shooting bench with sand bags, so this is purely me pulling my shots or adjusting sight picture.

On the upside, I discovered how much cheaper ammo is at Fleet Farm than at Gander Mountain, and I also got a 15-45x60 spotting scope, so I didn't have to run down to the 100yard line every few minutes to check on my shots. That was a big plus, although I'm still waiting for the wife to comment on it. But I'll still call it a good day.

Kahr PM9, Springfiled XD9, Browning BPS 12Ga., Browning SA-22.

Page generated in 0.02133 seconds with 8 queries