View Single Post
Old April 29, 2011, 01:18 PM   #10
mrray13

BikerRn brings up a good point of being a "good witness" in this situation. Especially for those who choose CC. ( i know this is a bit of thread jacking)

But, during my initial training as an LEO, it was brought up that as off duty officers, armed or not, that we had no legal obligation to interject ourselves into a situation such as the McDonald beatdown. It was referred to as being a "good witness" and protected by the Good Samaritan Act. Meaning, if we didn't want to get involved, other then the 911 call, to get as much information as we could for the responding on duty LEOs.

That goes to those who chose CC over OC in those states where OC is allowed. You chose to stay a witness, you aren't forced otherwise. However, in this particular situation, I don't think anyone would have been forced into any decision about jumping in or not.

All that said, there is no way, LEO or not, I would not have stepped in. Sooner or later, we all have to make a stand in good vs evil, or however you want to phrase it. For too long we've been a nation of political correctness, and it's made the good guys soft.

Page generated in 0.02814 seconds with 8 queries