View Single Post
Old March 29, 2012, 05:45 PM   #28
BigJimP

Happy to help - and thanks,

I doubt there is anything out of alignment on your press ...I think you just need to load a few more thousand rounds...and that primer seat will feel more normal.....but if at any time I don't like the way it feels ...I just pop that case out and take a look at it...

Some cases are newly once fired ...some may have been reloaded 19 times....and it varies a little by which primer you choose to use too. I like CCI primers...they're pretty tough ...and you can seat them a little more aggressively than you would ever do using Federal primers.

Using carbide dies ...you don't have to use any case lube....but I'd recommend you use it anyway ...it makes the loader run a lot smoother.

I use the Dillon lube....I spread a few handfuls of cases in a cardboard box lid ( 3" deep and 11" by 17" ) the top of a cardboard case, for office copy paper works real well. I spread the cases out - so they're flat... then spritz them with Dillons case lube...not too much ...roll them around ...flatten them out again ...and spritz them again lightly. Let them dry for 30 min ....then dump them in my case feeder...and run them.

It sounds to me like your procedures are fine ....drop me a personal note if anything pops up ...or if I can help you out, I'd be happy to. Be safe - and good shooting..

Page generated in 0.03199 seconds with 8 queries