View Single Post
Old October 23, 2005, 09:03 PM   #59
impact

Quote:
I don't understand though, if the feeders don't work, why do you use them? 10 of them would be quite a chore to load and maintain.
It makes me feel better to give back to the environment. Deer do eat at the feeders but only at night. and no I don't shoot deer at night! I watched a little four point last year walk within about 50 yards of a feeder and never even stopped to look. One thing I like about feeders they will bring the hogs! But I really like to spot and stalk hogs. Most of the time I have a good idea where the hogs will be. and I just go in and get them. Now thats fun .

A few years ago we had a guy that liked to walk around the woods looking for deer. He never shot a deer but the other hunters could tell where he was because he would run out all the deer in the area.

I took a forum member out to my lease back in july? I think it was. We only walked about 1/4 th the lease in the daytime and saw about 10 deer. Some real close. Come around this time of the year the deer turn into ghost. I know they are there from the signs. But you just don't see them?

Page generated in 0.02806 seconds with 8 queries