View Single Post
Old February 20, 2014, 08:54 PM   #17
spacemanspiff

Quote:
But if he had gone for my door he'd have found a pistol pointed at him from the other side of the glass.
Don't get on the defensive to what I am about to say, just mull it over in your head:

You are parked in your vehicle, at a gas station/convenience store. A customer walks out at a brisk pace and heads straight for your driver side door to open it. He has a peeved off look on his face. You draw your pistol and take aim as he is trying to open your locked door.
A look of bewilderment is on his face as he looks inside the window at you, and then he looks around and sees his own vehicle, which is similar to your own.
You just drew a gun on someone who had no weapon in his hands, made no statement to you about intent to do you bodily harm, nor to give him your vehicle. Were you truly justified?

I have had this or very similar to it happen to me several times, but in none of them did I feel I needed to display my defensive weapon.

Its not the exact same scenario you told us about. And dont get me wrong, I am a firm believer in trusting ones instincts. If someone, like the guy you encountered, is making your spidey senses go crazy, by all means have your guard up. Maybe you could stand to have more than one defensive option at your disposal?

Page generated in 0.02428 seconds with 8 queries