View Single Post
Old January 23, 2013, 10:33 PM   #45
Mike Irwin
Staff

"One of the (many, many) things I don't know about this is the fee structure between exhibitors and organizers. I suspect that exhibitors pay a fee to get a table. With ~25% of the exhibitors bowing out, some of them will (almost undoubtedly) decline to pay their fee (if they have not already), or start looking for ways to get it back (if they have)."

Booths at this show run into the thousands - one smallish manufacturer was indicating that his booth cost him about $7,000 for the week.

Some of the larger companies probably pay in the tens of thousands for a booth for the week.

And, those booth rental fees are very likely already paid in full by virtually all vendors.

There is talk about lawsuits against Reed to recoup the loss based on the fact that they changed the rules at literally the last minute, but that's going to be hard freight to move for a company that doesn't even have anything to do with the core of the boycott.

Baby Jesus cries when the fat redneck doesn't have military-grade firepower.

Page generated in 0.03626 seconds with 8 queries