View Single Post
Old February 14, 2001, 09:28 PM   #28
Engineer

I have my little Tusco card somewhere at home and I think it either has directions or the address ... I'll have to look for it when I get home from work tonight.

Zeppelin's only real restriction is that you have to be recommended by a member. You basically need a member with you to get in and shoot there as a guest. After someone comes with you as a guest two or three times, they expect your guest to sign up as a member. I believe the fees are something like $150 for the first year ($100 initiation + $50 dues) and then $50 a year thereafter. After getting a member signature on your application card, you just have to go through a basic safety course with one of the range officers (they're sticklers there for safety, which, IMHO, is a good thing) where you basically show them you know how to carry a gun up to the firing line, can shoot without putting holes in yourself, and that's about it. Then I think they go through the list of new applicants every board meeting which happens about once a month. Unfortunatley, I live far enough away that I really have to plan a trip out there otherwise, I think I would take advantage of the facilities more.

As for Stonewall, I think high-power centerfile rifles are allowed on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. But at $15 an hour, it's pretty pricey. I've also shot my 12 ga there, but I don't remember if the no slugs rule applied (I was only shooting birdshot at the time). I believe membership is now up to something like $200 or $225 a year (yikes!)

Not much else up around here except Big Bore in Eastlake and On Target in Lorain (unless anybody knows of any others).

Page generated in 0.02409 seconds with 8 queries