View Single Post
Old March 5, 2013, 05:22 PM   #7
Sweet Shooter

That comment was made about a group I had shot with my bone-stock, off the shelf S2. If you look at the photo you will see that the group is clover-leafed and slightly high but near perfect L|R. I don't need to shoot 10 shot groups with it, as Bart suggests, because it does this every time I shoot it. I have about 200 rounds through it and the have owned it from new. IIRC it's shot a couple of groups that were just over an inch in the first 10 to 15 groups so was not really broken in.

The way I judge it is not only the group size but the consistency in where it actually prints that group. If it prints two .5MOA groups but one is off to the left and one is a bit high then, I'm not happy. If I can move that cloverleaf within the black by adjusting the scope and then it returns when I revers the process then I'm good with it (It's a VX3). To me the scope is more important than the rifle to shoot this kind of accuracy.

I can make my rifle shoot bigger groups by shooting 10 shot groups and getting it hot. That does not make it any less of an accurate gun.

http://thefiringline.com/forums/atta...2&d=1360282283

-SS-

Page generated in 0.02939 seconds with 8 queries