View Single Post
Old October 2, 2012, 11:47 PM   #1
pumkin

10/22, Barrel -stock varmint, or aft. mark.

I really don't like the feel of a 10/22. It always felt like to much gun for what it was. Most of my life I had the little Browning that breaks in half and loads through the stock. That got stole from work, so I got this worn out 1960 Russian bolt that the romanians used in training. So I believe.

I'm thinking you cant beat the 10/22 economically, so I need to get one. Accuracy is high on my expectations. I saw a 10/22 with a stock bull barrel. It was shiny blue, with some slight outer twist on outside.

Also the was a stainless one, with stress marks on outside barrel, both wood stocks. Both around 400 dollar range.

Question is, am I better off buying standard gun, and putting a aftermarket bull barrel on it? If so, which do you reccomend, and a guess at making the conversion.

These two models I described, is one better than the other? They both had 20" barrels.

The trigger guard and safety looked really cheap on these. It was made of plastic. The saleman told his personal one was aluminum.

Any suggestions would be welcome.

Page generated in 0.03393 seconds with 8 queries