View Single Post
Old October 15, 2005, 06:59 PM   #2
wayniac

Hello!
I've limited shooting experience with the Hi-Power, but it has always been very good to me. Hammer bite can usually be alleviated by getting the ring or 'commander' style hammer they install on the Hi-Power Practical. I too checked out the 92 Vertec, but found that the 'short trigger' just feels wrong. It breaks way past the point where my 92FS releases the hammer and I honestly thought the sales guy had handed me a broken pistol when I first checked it out. I've read that this can be fixed by installing a regular 92FS trigger, but Beretta hasn't confirmed that for me yet, so I would take that as an 'internet rumor'. After considering the same two pistols you're talking about, I chose a standard-issue 92FS (PIC) and have been nothing but happy with it over the last 3 year--and several thousand rounds. I honestly think you would be well armed with either, but I made my final decision on these three things: cheap, plentiful full-cap mags; double-action trigger; and the unbelievable ease of disassembly. Probably the best thing to do would be to find a range that will let you rent both guns, or borrow a friend's. That way, you'll know for sure which fits you best. Good luck and be safe.
"Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!" -Patrick Henry

Page generated in 0.04555 seconds with 8 queries