View Single Post
Old May 10, 2002, 02:48 AM   #7
LONGRIFLE30

MasterBlaster, if someone "blew-up" a Glock it was the powder charge and not the bullet. I have a Mod. 20 in 10mm, have shot many factory leads and my own lead loads with no pressure or leading problems. ANY load that would "blow-up" a Glock would certainly kill the shooter with any less (any other) handgun. The trick to getting a polygonal rifled barrel to shoot lead bullets well is about the same as the micro-groove in a rifle-it needs to be .001-.002" larger than the barrel-groove diameter. the fellow who "blew-up" a glock 3 times was not too smart before the accidents. In my Mod. 20., I load 200 grain XTP's to 1300 Fps, and some 135 HP's to over 1700+ FPS, no ill-efects to date other than shorter brass life. Check out the Lee "Modern Reloading" book. I have seen info for the 9mm Hertinberger which states for sub-machine guns and Glocks ONLY. I shoot 155 grain leads to 1400 FPS with no leading, via the right alloy, and to my knowledge, the gun hasn't "blown-up". All you guys, quit "READING" and start shooting the gun(s) you want to disclaim. aNYONE ON HERE RELOAD AND OR CAST FOR THE gLOCKS, FEEL FREE TO EMAIL ME FOR REAL EXPERIENCE INSTEAD OF ARMCHAIR GUESSES. LEE

Page generated in 0.03706 seconds with 8 queries