View Single Post
Old May 13, 2001, 11:31 AM   #3
Christopher II

Oh yes, that was a good time...

There were only three courses of fire at this match. The first one was an exercise in using cover. Nine targets at varying distances, and you had to engage each one with two shots, using different forms of cover. There was a reload in there somewhere, too.

The second course was the "Weed Patch" course. You had to draw and fire a Mozambique drill at a five-yard target, while moving to cover, then reload and hit three more targets at longer range. One target was supposed to be a right-to-left mover, but it broke down and was replaced by a fixed target. Good thing, too, my score on that stage was bad enough already...

The last stage was a "sitting at home watching the game when the thugs kick down your door" scenario. You had to retrieve your pistol from the gun box on the buzzer, and engage three targets from the comfort of your chair (one was behind hard cover, except for his head.) Then a move to cover, reload, and three more targets through a curtained window. Whew!

If anyone out there hasn't tried IDPA, my advice is to go do it! Everybody at the match was very friendly and helpful, and we all had a great time. I only wish that the match had been longer.

Later,
Chris

"Contrary to popular belief, your vote does not matter, and you cannot make a difference." - Bob Murphy, "Picking Neither of Two Evils"

My PGP Public Key

Page generated in 0.02499 seconds with 8 queries