View Single Post
Old October 4, 2011, 08:07 AM   #3
PawPaw

There are lots of small rifle builders out there who can do what you want. Many gunsmiths are capable of building accurate rifles. One that I can think of right off hand has a loyal local following. He builds super-accurate rifles on the Savage platform and has enough work that he doesn't need to advertise or look for new business, it simply comes to him.

One that the above posters didn't mention, is Terry Cross of KMW rifles. He builds rifles on the Surgeon action and has been a player in the shooting games for many years. I happen to know the guy, as he and I run in the same circles. We've shot together and he always brings home the trophies.

There used to be a guy near Jeno, LA, who made rifles based on the Remington700 action. My brother-in-law has three of his rifles and they're magnificent, but he retired recently when diabetes got the best of him.

Point being, there are lots of folks who can build what you want, it's simply up to you to find the guy that you want to do the work. I might suggest that you start asking around the local area and find the guy who has the best reputation. It's a whole lot easier to get a rifle "tweaked" if you know the guy who built it.

Or, you can buy an off-the-shelf rifle from one of several semi-custom makers. You pays your money and you takes your chances. Good luck.

http://pawpawshouse.blogspot.com

Page generated in 0.02306 seconds with 8 queries