View Single Post
Old April 23, 2013, 06:44 PM   #21
BigD_in_FL

Quote:
While ruger changed back to polishing 10/22 barrels due to customer demand, they still haven't reversed course by eliminating the use of plastic on their guns or pricing their products so they are affordable to the common man like they did in the past. Ruger once represened an outstanding value for the dollars spent. I don't think that holds so true in today's market.
Really? I bought my first 10/22 decades ago - it NEVER came with a walnut stock unless you bought the higher grade model - and I paid 20 years ago what a new one costs today.

You whine about them being affordable to the common man - unless you are still working for minimum wage, their current pricing is affordable to just about everyone, even high school kids working at mickey D's (ammo is another story)
In order to maintain a price point that even walmart shoppers can afford, some things had to be made for less. Seems to me that you have no idea about manufacturing costs and expect things to be priced the same even though the governments have raised taxes, insurance, mandated health care, rising costs for raw materials, shipping, utilities, etc..........

Page generated in 0.03131 seconds with 8 queries