View Single Post
Old January 16, 2024, 02:52 PM   #7
lee n. field

Quote:
Originally Posted by claydoctor View Post
Anyone else having problems with recoil in this Ruger? My first one was the 38 Spl version. With both the factory Hogue grips and another Hogue design, the recoil was unpleasant to put it mildly. I switched to a larger Pachmayr grip, which made it tolerable but decreased it's concealability. My alloy frame S&W 442 with wood grips has less recoil. So I sold the 38 and bought the 327 Fed Mag version because of it's ability to utilize multiple 32 calibers. The other day my friend and I took it to the range. We are both experienced shooters. We first loaded 32 H&R magnum rounds and found them to be both accurate and soft shooting. Then we switched to the 327 Fed Mag. My friend managed two shots before handing it off to me. I was only able to fire one round, which was more than enough for me. I know that Ruger makes a steel frame version of the LCR for the 357 and 9mm guns. I think they should have used steel frames for the 38 and 327 as well. Now I have to figure out what to do with a box of 327 Fed Mag missing three rounds.
LCRx .38. I have shot it with both the stock Hogue, and the longer finger groove less Hogue they put on the 3" guns.

With what I shoot (usually handloads, 158 grain, 3.8 grains Bullseye, slightly into +P), I have no problem with recoil.

I have shot full house factory loaded .357 through an LCR .357. It felt about like shooting it through my steel Taurus 605 (considerably heavier). Not fun, but do-able.

What I hear about the .327 is, it's a real fire-breather. Quite stout. Look around, you'll find someone to take it off your hands.

Individual differences.

Quote:
I know that Ruger makes a steel frame version of the LCR for the 357 and 9mm guns. I think they should have used steel frames for the 38 and 327 as well.
I disagree.
"As was the man of dust, so also are those who are of the dust, and as is the man of heaven, so also are those who are of heaven. Just as we have borne the image of the man of dust, we shall also bear the image of the man of heaven. "

Page generated in 0.02661 seconds with 8 queries