View Single Post
Old February 23, 2009, 09:44 AM   #41
rantingredneck

Quote:
Do not argue finer points of arrest and detention you will lose all day as long as Police Officer is acting REASONABLY.
Is it typical/reasonable for a police car to follow the suspect to his home and without turning on blue lights light the suspect up with flashlights and drawn guns without even asking for license and registration? (In effect this wasn't even a traffic stop as Mr. Tolan was on his front porch on his way into his home when the officers stopped him. Kinda hard to show your license and registration when you're proned out on your porch.)

Is it typical/reasonable for an officer to use deadly force on a suspect who shouts even though his hands are plainly visible out to his sides? No tazer, impact weapon, spray first?

These are Mr. Tolan's contentions and as I said above a jury will eventually be the trier of fact here. It may eventually come to light that the officers acted in a reasonable manner, but so far it doesn't seem to be the case from where I'm sitting.

I wonder if there was a dash cam in the car, that would clear some of this up....

PCCA Member (What's PCCA you ask? <- Check the link)

Page generated in 0.02555 seconds with 8 queries