View Single Post
Old November 23, 2004, 12:03 PM   #2
Shorts

Quote:
If I was the "bad guy" I would probably get shot by the "good guy" not because I didn't want to obey his orders, but because I didn't understand him and was more confused by his screaming. I was watching some footage of some guy at some training center who would literally scream at the target to drop his gun and at the same time shoot the target.
my guess would be because bad guys don't normally say "could you repeat that please, i didn't understand you". more than likely, the bad guy has already pulled out his weapon and is trying to take the stranger down.

Quote:
I also cannot see how a setup using fake targets that don't move or attack back is any good compared to a real person.
you have to start somewhere - they are called fundamentals. plus, if you used real people and they get shot and die, its called murder/manslaughter.

anyway, the basics of ANY training, whether it'd be sports or self defense tactics, fundamentals must be learned and executed. without fundamentals, anything remotely resembling advanced work is going to be executed poorly. once the mind and body have become accustomed to functioning and moving a particular way, the less a person has to actually think and concentrate and they can just 'do'. that's the basics of motor learning.

Page generated in 0.02441 seconds with 8 queries