View Single Post
Old January 25, 2013, 05:57 PM   #28
FrankenMauser

Quote:
What the heck were you watching that had a hydralic wall crushing pigs????
It's an older slaughter method - though, still in use in some places, apparently. (CO2 stunning is far more common now.)
Yesterday, I tried to dig up a link to a video showing the hydraulic compressive asphyxiation I'm talking about, but can't find anything available online.

Quote:
Art, I am going out on a limb and predict Frankenmauser's concerns about corn are GMO-centered. Creating strains that are Round-up ready requires you to imprint Round-up into the DNA. Should you be digesting that stuff?
For the most part, I consider the GMO aspect of commercial corn to be a separate subject (but I dislike it just as much).
My biggest problem with corn is the massive amount of government subsidization that has created a false economy that can't be stopped. It has invaded nearly every part of our food chain, not because it's the best option, but because it's dirt cheap. And it's only cheap, because it's heavily subsidized. Corn is the 800 lb gorilla that rules our food industry, and can't be stopped.

Anyway...
I very much prefer taking care of animals, myself. From their last moments alive, to my dinner plate, I like to see how everything is handled.

Page generated in 0.03361 seconds with 8 queries