View Single Post
Old April 2, 2012, 09:15 AM   #64
CaptainObvious

The thing about law enforcement is that you have to have common sense and be able to see deeper into situations to be able to ask the right questions to find out the real story.

I dont know the particulars of why a group of 8 officers stopped you. It sounds like it might have been some sort of stake out at the hotel and there was something about your behavior which triggered a response. While I dont know those particular officers, I can guess those officers probably grew up in and around that community. They patrol that community everyday and there are probably weekly, if not daily, meetings and discussions of what goes on there. I can hazard a guess that the officers know exactly what goes on in that hotel and can articulate exact reasons for the stop. As how the system works, however, those officers cannot come to this forum to defend their actions. The only place where they are legally required to defend their actions is in a court of law and I am certain if they were brought there they would be able to articulate in great detail. Who knows, maybe they might have been looking for someone in the military because of thefts at the base...

I wouldnt take offense for being stopped. Sometimes we behave in a manner which stirs some suspicion. There was one time in my life where I was lost and had to turn around several times and so I was stopped by an officer to ask what I was doing. I didnt feel offended, but I understood and it did look unusual for someone to be constantly looping around looking and acting confused.

I do know the northeast quite well and can tell you that if there was any suspicious activity at an area hotel then they would do the exact same thing as the officers on the west coast. They would basically stake out the hotel looking for suspicious behavior and confront those who they feel might be committing a crime.

Last edited by Frank Ettin; April 2, 2012 at 02:33 PM. Reason: Snark

Page generated in 0.02485 seconds with 8 queries