View Single Post
Old January 31, 2007, 05:31 PM   #1
jobufires

Walther PPK .380 - German made? Value?

Hello All~
I'm new to this forum and am looking to purchase a secondary weapon to carry on duty. I'd like a .380 or .40 S&W (can't use 9mm - department policy) that is extremely slim and compact (Glock is too bulky for my small frame).

I'm considering a Walther PPK .380 from my local gun store. It is on consignment for $700. They claim it is "German made". It is in pristine condition, has the Walther ribbon logo and typical markings on the left side of the slide, and NO MARKINGS on the right side of the slide. It also has a lanyard ring on the butt near the magazine well. One magazine, no other accessories, and no info is available on service records, number of rounds fired, etc. The partial serial number is 1223XXA with the XX being two more digits.

I've been researching the PPK online and coming up with a large range of values, but $700 seems to be at the high end. Can anyone advise the date of manufacture and what the value of this gun is and include their source(s) for this info? Is this a french-made, Manhurin gun that was proof-fired and stamped in Germany?

I'm also considering the Kahr Arms PM4044, M4043, and K4044 for more stopping power, but still comparable in weight and size. Any opinions?
Thanks in advance....

Page generated in 0.03135 seconds with 8 queries