View Single Post
Old November 22, 1999, 02:57 PM   #7
pete80

Your observations were pretty much accurate. I do think that Law Enforcement agents could benefit the most from mag extensions and weapons lights (sure-fires). Since most agencies deploy one man cars, it would not hurt anyone to add a few more rounds in the shotgun magazine. If the officer goes to a call which turns ugly, it would be kind of nice to have all those rounds available.

Now, there are some stupid accesories, like forward and aft pistol grips. I have even seen a heat guard, who the hell needs a heat guard on a shotgun? But, I would recommend a sturdy weapons light any day for anyone who owns a shotgun for HD. Since most attacks occur a night, it would be kind of nice to have a light on the weapon instead wrestling with a mag-light in your weak hand. Have you ever tried to fire a pump action shotgun one handed? It isn't cool...

This topic did remind me of a saying that I heard a long time ago, "It is better to have and not need than to need and not have".

The point is, do you really know what your going up against in the middle of the night? I do think that you could easily go overkill with the accessories and turn out a awkward handling gun.

Then again, I remind myself of the old saying, "Keep it simple, stupid".

Page generated in 0.03879 seconds with 8 queries