View Single Post
Old June 25, 2009, 04:50 PM   #1
ImprobableJoe

Safety VS Accessability

I sold my rifles years ago, but recently I've been looking at buying a pistol for recreational shooting/home defense. I've always been a fan of shooting, and I will be moving from a very peaceful suburban area to a more urban location in the next year or so. Since the last time I've owned firearms, I've also gotten married. My wife is not morally opposed to shooting, but has various safety concerns.

I pick my battles wisely, and if I am going to win the battle to buy a pistol, I am going to have to yield pretty heavily on the safety issues. I know my way around firearms, but I don't know jack about cases/safes. I've used a trigger lock and a cable through the barrel... both of which would be a liability in a home defense situation.

I've seen all sorts of small pistol safes that can be accessed by codes, and grooves for your fingers so you can do it in the dark. I've also seen fingerprint safes, that might be even faster. Does anyone here have any experience with either system, and recommendations of what to buy, and how to place it for maximum speed in an emergency?

Page generated in 0.04304 seconds with 8 queries