View Single Post
Old July 10, 2006, 11:24 AM   #7
castnblast

I like RCBS and use them for my 7mm. and 300. (just sold the 300 win). If you are using a dial caliper, get the franford arsenal from midway. I have one and love it. Very accurate, heavy, well constructed. It was $19.00 u.s. for reloading rifle, 1+ on the arm scale. get a powder trickler. Due to lack of funds, I wanted a rock chucker, but due to Dr. Bills for my daughter, I had to go less expensive. I got the Lee anniversary kit from Midway, and bought the extra's I needed and only spent 163.00 w/ shipping. (reloading 22-250.) I would have prefered carbide dies, but had to penny pinch this time around. The kit came with an arm scale, and I've been away from reloading for a while, and was really impressed with their case trimmer. You can't screw it up. go to www.cheaperthandirt.com. In short, I loaded my test rounds with this equipment and was pleasantly suprised given the value. Based on the amount you are loading, this equipment should be fine. The only thing you need to purchase is a dial caliper, case length gage & and a set of dies. You'll get a shell holder with the dies, and the kit comes with dies too, so you can have your press set up with one shell holder and the case trimmer with the other. The Lee dies worked great so far, and the 3 die set comes with a crimper (which I'll only use for 40 gr. bullets on my 22-250). I ordered the zip trim, not knowing how the trimmer worked, and found I didn't need it. The trimmer goes on the lock stud and attaches to your electric drill. The trimmer is very precise, and you can't screw it up. The only thing I didn't care much for was the scale. It was very precise but the micro weight movement needs to be rechecked each time, and was a bit difficult to read. But I'm not complaining given what I spent. That is the only item I will replace with something better down the road. The kit comes w/ a manual hand primer that was very easy to operate as well. Again, for the money I was very, very, impressed.

Page generated in 0.03508 seconds with 8 queries