View Single Post
Old August 12, 2012, 11:56 PM   #13
TunnelRat

Quote:
Keep in mind they purposely chose ammo in 1990 for it's lack of penetration and were still using it in 1997. 6 months after the shootout in North Hollywood The Army gave the LA police dept 600 M16's and now instead of just SWAT the regular cop on the beat was also authorized to carry 45 ACP's. +P ammo, 9MM or 38 spcl), would have shortened the life of the recoil springs in their pistols but would have done little or no harm to revolvers and +p+ would have shortened the life of the gun, neither would have been authorized for use by any police officer except special service officers like the SWAT team.
I think there are some typos here cause it's a bit hard to understand, but I get the gist of what you're saying. Their 9mm was underpowered in relation to today's standards and they weren't authorized to use the ammo that is now the standard for many law enforcement offices across the country. That's good to know and I didn't know that before so thank you.

Again I have no desire to get into a caliber war. Pistols weren't the solution, rifles were. That's the end of that story.
Maintain situational awareness

Last edited by TunnelRat; August 13, 2012 at 12:09 AM.

Page generated in 0.02478 seconds with 8 queries