View Single Post
Old October 9, 2011, 01:15 AM   #11
Jim243

Quote:
When you have suspect case mouth tension, you have a a serious problem waiting to happen. If you don't have proper case mouth tension on your bullet and it gets set-back unintentionally, you will raise pressures, and the possibility exists that you will raise them exponentially.
Sevens, you are absolutely correct. But no one is suggesting that you actually crimp the case. Just set the die so that you can run your case into it and insure that the flare has been take out and will fit into your chamber.

I have had only one falure to feed on a 45 ACP nickel case due to the fact that this case was not run through the FCD to insure that the flare was out completely. Yes, I know that nickel cases are harder to work with.

But I too shoot IDPA and a jammed case not only cost you the time to clear the round from your gun, but gives you one less bullet to use in completing a stage, that can cost you 10 points for falure to neutralize a target or a 5 second penalty, and a 5 second penalty can take you from 1st to last place on a close competition.

Jim

Page generated in 0.03823 seconds with 8 queries