View Single Post
Old November 24, 2009, 04:51 AM   #58
jakeg823

Quote:
You should be scared. If you ever try any riding you will soon find out that you need to refuel every hundred miles or so. Your next realization will be that you have no idea what part of town these exits are leading you into. Not that it really matters though because you can't ride without fuel and you don't know at 2 O'clock in the morning how far the next open gas station even is. You get off the highway when your fuel tank says it is time to get off the highway. It is not optional.

You'd think it's no big deal stopping in the murder capitol of the world. I mean what's the worst that can happen to you as you use the station's darkened bathroom? Surely the cops cruising past and giving you the evil eye as you filled up was a good sign, right? The sirens are so reassuring... And the 5 inch thick bullet proof glass with locked doors and bank teller style sliding cash drawer with a radio to speak to the attendant, that's just an everyday occurrance where you come from, eh?

Sure, sure, no biggie if you are daydreaming about unicorns and rainbows... In fact that should help pass the time after you find out there is no corresponding on-ramp and you have to undertake a 5 mile long exploration of the ghetto to get back on the freeway. That's when it real gets interesting. Those gangster kiddies roam in packs... And stop lights will not toggle for a bike so you find yourself sitting out in open intersections more than you are rolling. At least the tinted windows of the cars pulling up next to you is reassuring. Because you would probably die of shock if you saw who was observing you from behind that darkened glass!
you must be from the Jackson area too then!!!!!!!!

in all seriousness...he gets it! i'm not talkin about some matrix BS shooting while doing 165mph down the interstate on my ninja just because some tard cut me off. i'm talking about the fact that when on my bike...at a stop light(that wont toggle for a bike because we're under the weight required for it to pick us up) and someone comes up and puts a gun to your head and tells you to get off...you cant just roll up the windows or lock the doors...thats the world i live in....i'm not some freakishly paranoid person, but the fact is that i'm from what was(not sure of the current ranking) in the top 10 most dangerous cities in the country!

you obviously dont ride otherwise you wouldnt understand....another scenario...off riding alone(which i frequently do) and you run out of gas or the bike breaks down on some backwoods/deliverance mississippi country road...now make it 10xs worse=its night time...10xs worse=no cell service...just cuz we're polite in the south doesnt mean that we dont have our fair share of @$$holes....the fact is this is a strange time for this country, and there are some who will stop at nothing to take what you have...and all we're talking about is our right to protect ourselves, just like someone who carries concealed while walking, riding a bicycle, the subway, or even just keeps a pistol in the glovebox of their car/truck.

ps i would consider motorcyclists a pretty safe bet to target personally. think about it...our bikes often arent cheap, i know my ninja was just below $9k, my 06 sporty 1200C was about the same, and my '97 fatboy, when new probably went for about $14k at least. now throw in the fact that many of us wear our gear=gloves for sportbike riders are anywhere from $40-200, not sure about harley gloves cuz i just wear my cheap $40 joe rockets on my harleys. helmets=anywhere from the $30 walmart special, up to a $900 Arai full face. leather jacket=$500 easy!...if the person is a diehard sportbike rider wearing a full leather suit you're looking at at least $1000...boots $100-300.

my point is...anyone who even has a round about estimate of what our gear costs might have reason to believe that we also carry a fair amount of cash...on top of jacking our bikes and gear and resaling em.

Page generated in 0.02178 seconds with 8 queries