View Single Post
Old January 23, 2013, 02:49 PM   #191
Patriot86

@TOM: You are half correct, RTKBA is NOT just a D or R issue. You have D's who are pro 2A and as NY has shown us R's who are Anti. A lot of the gun control we have today began out of a fear by R's and Southern D's of "Left Wing" groups in the 60's and 70's.

The problem is the people that currently set the national agenda for the D's are rabidly anti gun. They want to push through any and all restrictions on the second amendment. The R's are trying to fight that while rolling back existing restrictions.

In local and state elections this might be less of an issue. As I said above, you will have at the state level some pro gun D's and anti gun R's. In Illinois for example, even though D’s outnumber R’s in both the State House and Senate Pro-2A D’s are keeping anti-gun legislation from passing.

On the national level though the agenda is pretty well set.

This is really going to be a Battle of the Bulge for gun rights nationally. We had them on the run but they turned around and surprised us. If house D's follow the rank and file of the party we are probably going to see an AWB, I think they are only outnumbered by 17 or 18 in the house and I could easily see that many R's breaking away.

If you on the other hand see many pro 2A D's break from the party, say NO I WILL NOT SUPPORT THIS and vote against it an AWB it won't pass. I am not a national political expert but the Machine that created our president here in Illinois is superb at putting pressure on politicians to vote along the party line.

Last edited by Patriot86; January 23, 2013 at 02:55 PM.

Page generated in 0.02428 seconds with 8 queries