View Single Post
Old December 31, 2012, 07:53 PM   #4
Metal god

I'm going to chime in here . If your young , plan to shoot a lot and plan to have the gun for a life time . I would get the chrome lined barrel . If your only shooting 500 rounds a year . A non-chrome lined barrel should last you 30 or 40 years . That assumes you take care of it . It depends what your definition of barrel life is as well . Some say an accomplished shooter will notice accuracy drop off between the 5k and 10k mark of a non-chrome lined barrel with the barrel having to be replaced between the 10k and 20k mark.

I don't think the difference is sub MOA non-chromed to 2 MOA chromed . Yes maybe if your talking about a match barrel to a chrome lined but I'd say it's more like a 1/2 MOA difference on average and not 1-1/2 ish

Like what was said earlier most would not notice . For ruining and gunning or just plinking your not going to notice what twist , if the bore is coated or even if the contour is an issue . Unless your shooting competition or planning to hand the gun down to your kids chromed is not a must and if you don't shoot alot I'm not sure it matters at all

I almost always write my posts regardless of content in a jovial manor and intent . If that's not how you took it , please try again .

Last edited by Metal god; January 1, 2013 at 03:03 AM.

Page generated in 0.04097 seconds with 8 queries