View Single Post
Old February 18, 2014, 11:47 PM   #37
Slopemeno

Premium H&N wadcutters..177 pellets are $9.95 for 300.

My Beeman C-1 cost $135 back in 1988 as a "blem", so about the same investment as a 10/22. I've shot thousands of rounds though it while camping. No issues with the zero shifting at all over those 25+ years. I've had a Beeman SS-3 scope on it for while. Now it has a Williams receiver sight with no insert for a ghost ring effect. My C-1 isn't super quiet, but then again it has a 13" barrel. If you want to try something interesting, shoot a springer with hearing protection on- "Choinnng".

.22 CB Longs used to be my favorite, but they've gone up significantly in cost over the last 20 years. Right now CCI .22 CB Longs are about $8.99 for 100.

Some other great airgun deals- I bought a Beeman Hurricane back in 1983 and have shot untold tens of thousands of rounds through it. I'd probably rate it as my best shooting investment ever. It's definitely time for some new springs and seals, but that's easy work.

I picked up three Predom Lucznik's (a Walter LP-53 copy) from Century for $75.00 total, shipped. They shoot great, and are surprisingly well made for Eastern Block stuff.

Page generated in 0.02238 seconds with 8 queries