View Single Post
Old July 12, 2009, 11:34 AM   #15
Throne Raider

I've found that the Weaver stance or bladed stance does not work well in the toilet, Unfortunately a Larry Craig wide stance works best.

I carry my Glock 27 in a paddle holster so that I can remove the entire apparatus and lower my pants without a thud (TMI, I know, but there is a point) This does not, however, "relieve" you of focus! Last winter I went into my teacher wife's school with her during a snow storm on a weekend. No one else around. She was working in her class when I felt a call. Went in the teacher's bathroom and removed my paddle holster. Didn't want to place it on the floor, looked around and found a place way up high on top of papertowel dispenser (flat).

After finishing nature's call, I noticed a blizzard had obscured the world outside the bathroom window. I lost focus! Don't lose focus if you carry a handgun! I rushed to my wife's room. POwer had gone out. I said, "We gotta get out of here now!"

We hurried outside and drove through drifts to get home, five miles away. My wife dropped me off at my horse barn so I could feed. She drove on home. As I was wading through snow to get to the house, I was struck by horror. No gun on my side! I'd left it on the paper towel dispenser----in a freaking school!!!!!!!!!! A capital crime in California!

In a panic I called my wife told her to get back in the 4X4 and meet me. I raced back through a blizzard to that school, half expecting a local unit to be out in front because some other teacher arrived, found my piece and panicked, called the cops. Small town cops ran my Glock, found it was registered to me, retired big city LEO, and I'd be going to the stockade out of spite!

Fortunately the WCS did not occur. Piece was safe and waiting for me on paper towel dispenser. But I learned a valuable lesson. You can learn from my mistake. Do not lose focus if you carry!

Page generated in 0.03160 seconds with 8 queries