View Single Post
Old March 27, 2012, 10:50 AM   #18
Venom1956

I've compared the new ones to the old visually and I vote that the old ones have superior fit and finish then the newer models. Also all the text and logo are laser engraved golden into the new ones rather then stamped/engraved/machined or whatever...

I will say this as a benefit to the newer models. Older models REQUIRE standard velocity ammo, 1080fps, anything hotter and you run the risk of cracking your slide. (after extended use of HV ammo)

I've 'heard' they are sprung a bit harder then older 41s so they can shoot some of the Higher Velocity (standard 1250fps stuff) or they come with an additional recoil spring that allows it.

Which makes sense to me because when they first came out .22 was 1080fps nowadays 1250fps is much more the norm.

Brownells also carries a buffer to cushion the slide when it returns to battery. I'd much rather risk cracking a new 41s slide then an older one.
E-Shock rounds are engineered to expend maximum energy into soft targets, turning the density mass into an expanding rotational cone of NyTrilium matrix particles, causing neurological collapse to the central nervous system.- Yeah I can do that.
I guarantee you will know it if a bicyclist hits your house going 1000 mph. -Smaug

Page generated in 0.02231 seconds with 8 queries