View Single Post
Old August 30, 2012, 11:59 AM   #150
Quizcat

I've explained why I believe Taurus is regularly accused of having a statistically higher number of returns...

The typical Taurus buyers are inexperienced novices that misapply their purchases, and haven't got a clue. That's the statistical reason for the increased number of returns, along with the myth being perpetuated on the forums with absolutely no actual reason for these malfunctions being identified as to cause.

And, in addition, I also believe that Taurus sells a HUGE number of firearms. I would like to see the comparative figures, by brand, if anybody has access to them. Taurus claims they are the largest manufacturer of firearms in Latin America, but that's their own marketing...I realize.

But, I have a hunch their sales are absolutely huge, even compared to some of the other elite brands. That might also statistically account for a higher percentage of returns, if in fact that is even the case. I have never seen that quantified by any reputable source, just by the "bashers." Just wondering...

The complaints I have about the PT140 were specifically identified as to the "reasons" for my complaints. I find no reasons being given when someone merely says, "I had this, I had that" happen. Nobody seems to qualify their complaint, they just make the complaint with no further analysis or explanation. It's very easy to blame, and not provide some justification for why the supposed malfunction occurred.

The cause of so many malfunctions can just as easily be the fault of the shooter. As a competitor, you must understand all the variables that are totally and completely shooter induced, many of which can cause malfunctions, right?

Last edited by Quizcat; August 30, 2012 at 12:17 PM.

Page generated in 0.03415 seconds with 8 queries