View Single Post
Old August 29, 2012, 10:19 AM   #135
MLeake

Quizcat, you keep talking about analysis of your PT-140. Problem is, that's a sample size of one.

You can disassemble it, reverse engineer it, do what you want with it - but it's still a sample size of one. It tells you nothing about QC, overall engineering quality, or anything else.

Meanwhile, you had to reverse the direction of the mag release because of "your grip," yet you think this is a shooter issue, not a design issue. Unless your grip or hand shape fall outside of statistical norms, that is very much a design issue.

Now, if your hands or fingers fall outside the middle part of the bell curve, that might change things. In an automotive example, I have somewhat short legs, and a very long torso. I mostly drive pickups or SUVs, because most cars are not designed for my upper body height - I either have to lean the seats too far back for comfort, or deal with my head either touching the roof-liner all the time, or hitting it over every speed bump. So, I drive only a certain subset of vehicles.

But, if my 5'8" wife, who falls well within statistical norms, doesn't have good headroom in a car, it's probably not designed very well.

This has nothing to do with the skill of the driver; the passenger compartment either has dimensions suitable to a normal range of body types, or it does not.

So, going back to guns, if your hands aren't abnormal, then your PT-140 had a design flaw. Period.

Page generated in 0.03434 seconds with 8 queries