View Single Post
Old June 2, 2002, 07:53 PM   #1
brembo

I went to a small-bore clinic/shoot today.

Guy named Troy there, 9 time national champ. He coached us all one on one(man does he have patience). 4 relays, I'd say about 45-50 people shooting, I think I'm hooked on small-bore now. Its fun, not too loud and CHEAP(ammo wise). I took my 52C to show the Troy fella(hes an instructor for the Army, hoped he'd have some contacts for the 52C). And they let me shoot mine even tho it was WAY too heavy a rifle to fall into "legal" limits for the competition. I was the only guy out there with open sights, and 12 pound rifle. I didn't have a chance to sight in(I was zeroed at 50') and ended up on the 66(?) meter relay first. Took me two rounds to figure out my POI, and then I was dunking those silhouettes. I came in mid-pack, not bad for open sights and guessing at zero for two rounds.

Some guys let me mess with their raced up 10/22's with amazing scopes, carbon fibre barrels, bizarre compensators and whatnot. Light as a feather, I could see my heartbeat all too well with 20x scopes. Another thing that screwed me up was the background mixed with the silhouette sometimes, I basically lost my target, guess thats why those guys use scopes(well, in all actuality the best shooter of the day was a tiny,tiny lady....man she could shoot). Finished up with a 22 outta 40 possible.

I had no idea the clinic was gonna have a shoot too, I just took my rifle(got it Tuesday) in hopes of finding out more about it. The folks in the firing line were kind enough to give me ammo, and 4 bucks to enter(again, I had no idea that there was going to be a shoot). I will most definitely be back to that range and take a proper .22 for the small-bore, great people, great fun, and I learned a ton of cool techniques.

Page generated in 0.03285 seconds with 8 queries