View Single Post
Old March 29, 2014, 03:43 PM   #12
tyme
Staff

Quote:
Yes, that was the problem. Apparently some sort of "conflict" caused by IE11.
First, as Brian and I noted, it works fine in some IE11 setups, so it's going to be a settings problem and not a categorical IE11 problem.

Go to the menu (gear icon), "Manage Add-ons". Under Add-on Types on the left, pick toolbars and extensions. Disable everything other than adobe flash.

Go to the menu again, then "Compatibility View Settings", and make sure thefiringline.com is not in the list. If there's a long list, perhaps get rid of anything you don't immediately recognize as something you use a lot.

Go to the menu again, then "Internet Options". Click the Security tab. If the internet zone is set to "High", or Custom, that's probably why. I'm not going to be responsible for security problems telling you to reset zones to default (which is Medium-High), but that would likely fix the problem if it's not medium-high already.

The obvious solution is not to use IE. Use Chrome or Firefox. Seriously. They're better. Using an outdated browser is pointless. If you can't get IE11 working, use something else, not an earlier IE.
“Who are you?” “A friend. I'm here to prevent you from making a mistake.” “You have no idea what I'm doing here, friend.” “In specific terms, no, but I swore an oath to protect the world...” (continuum)
“It's a goal you won't understand until later. Your job is to make sure he doesn't achieve the goal.” (bsg)

Last edited by tyme; March 29, 2014 at 03:51 PM.

Page generated in 0.03529 seconds with 8 queries