Thread: Target Distance
View Single Post
Old April 1, 2011, 01:21 PM   #1
BarryLee

Target Distance

I have noticed that a lot of shooters at the range place their targets only about 15 yards down range. They then proceed to shoot very tight consistent groups, but then again I feel like I could touch the target. I generally run my targets between 25 to 45 yards. While my rounds are consistently in the center of the target my groups are by no means as tight as those shot at shorter distance.

To be honest I just assumed these folks were doing this to hit a lot of bull’s-eyes and pump up their egos. However, after seeing so many folks doing this I began to wonder if I am missing something. So, is there a legitimate training purpose for shooting so close? Wouldn’t it be better to shoot at greater distance for self defense purposes? Just curious what distance you guys recommend for general self defense practice?
A major source of objection to a free economy is precisely that it ... gives people what they want instead of what a particular group thinks they ought to want. Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself.
- Milton Friedman

Page generated in 0.03313 seconds with 8 queries