View Single Post
Old June 23, 2012, 09:09 AM   #3
jmhyer

Good info from Jim.

As for what the instructor said about brands/makes...

He was likely referring to Wolf and/or Bear ammo. It's not necessarily bad stuff for target shooting. It's said to be "dirtier" in terms of fouling your weapon and may, therefore, require a little more elbow grease when cleaning. Also, a lot of that ammo isn't brass-cased and some autos aren't the best at ejecting the non-brass-cased ammo. I think it's fine to try and see how you and your gun like it. It's certainly less expensive. I've shot it on occcasion and it performed fine in my XD, M&P, and PPS handguns.

I don't know what ammo is made in China, but I would stay clear of it just out of principle alone.

As to the "white box", I assume he was referring to Winchester white box ammo. My experience has been wonderful with this ammo and I don't really know why he seemed biased against it. It has always performed great for me. I even have some of the jacketed hollow points in this brand. They are cheaper than the highly-marketed "self defense" rounds, but I've read nothing but good things about performance of the bullet itself.

Page generated in 0.02343 seconds with 8 queries