View Single Post
Old March 6, 2012, 09:27 PM   #1
frumious

Handloads and warranties

All,

I am considering a Ruger #1 in 22-250 and in researching the cartridge I came across the fact that the first rifle chambered for the round (Browning High Power) was sold when the round was still a wildcat (1963). This made me wonder when those warnings in firearms' instruction books started showing up...you know, the ones that say "the firing of handloads from this weapon voids the warranty".

Because if the presence of that sort of warning started before 1963, and Browning had those warnings in their instruction books, well, I guess the book for the BHP in 22-250 didn't have such a statement. At least until 1965, when Remington legitimized the cartridge and factory ammo actually became available.

So anyway, I guess this is sort of convoluted but I thought it was an interesting question. So, can anyone tell me when those warnings started appearing?

-cls

P.S. I notice that none of my rifles have this warning. So maybe it is more of a pistol thing?

P.P.S I notice that of my pistols, only the Sig semiautos (not the Ruger revolvers) have this warning. So maybe the warning is not as widespread as I thought?

Page generated in 0.03675 seconds with 8 queries