View Single Post
Old July 21, 2010, 03:06 PM   #18
Nakanokalronin

Got it for $925 off Gunbroker. My local shop could not get one from anyplace so I got one for myself.

To Wildalaska, after scrounging through several gun forums, reading gun mags, seeing what agencies have requested when wanting a 1911 as their sidearm and talking with people in person that are fans of the 1911s the majority of people prefer a 70 series pistol whatever its intended use is. Out of all my sources for this information I would have to say that no less than 75% or more of people prefer the 70 series 1911. I'm sure the 80 series do sell well since like I stated, me and others will just delete it or like you, won't think its a problem.

I'm not trying to start an argument, I'm just saying that there is no harm in taking out the 80 series parts. I'm not the only, first nor last person to do so.

You have to forget its a gun and think about it mechanically.

How about a contraption (not real,nor would be) where a bar goes under your gas pedal in your car to prevent the pedal from accidentally pushing down in a crash so you don't accelerate further or burn out the engine and the way it works is when you push the gas pedal on purpose the bar starts to move out of the way and when pushed all the way down it disappears.

Now lets say its been tested to work perfectly but there have been a few people that have pushed the pedal down and the system does not move away enough and has prevented them from going anywhere.

Production still goes on the same way and now you have this system in your car reading these few and far between claims of problems. You then realize that cars never came with this worthless "feature" and could do you more harm than good if it where to fail no matter how remote that is. I'm guessing that the system would be removed by the user right away considering its useless in the first place.

Some people might not because they think these problems will never happen to them, they don't even know its there anyhow or they don't want to remove it because they think it might cause something else to go wrong, however the mechanically inclined people know removal of the system is fine and better left out of the car.

I'm saying I don't need a system in my 1911 that might one day make my gun go click instead of bang even if its 100,000 rounds down the road. Look at it like a machine, the more complex the easier it is to break.

The reason I'm comparing apples to oranges is because you said responsible gun owners don't disable safeties, however the 80s w/system removed = 70s and will still ask how one is safer than the other.

Last edited by Nakanokalronin; July 21, 2010 at 03:18 PM.

Page generated in 0.03570 seconds with 8 queries