View Single Post
Old July 3, 2011, 04:34 PM   #473
Webleymkv

Quote:
It could also be that U.S. authorities are letting the situation escalate while flailing about just enough to contain it until the citizenry starts clamoring for them to "do something" about it.

Of course, such clamoring will start just before the next election and I would not be surprised to see Brady/VPC/Bloomberg priming the pump with articles and editorials in the border state newspapers. I know that's cynical of me...
While plausible, I find it unlikely that they would use this rather than any other number of incidents in not-too-distant history such as the D.C. Sniper, the Virginia Tech Shooting, or the Gabrielle Giffords shooting. Those incidents would, in the 80's and early 90's, have been disasterous for gun owners but despite the howling of the Bradys and other usual suspects the gun issue was kind of swept under the rug. It seems to me that the '94 AWB was kind ot the peak of gun control, people figured out that it doesn't work and public support has pretty much shriveled and died.

Regardless of what the ulitmate goal was, it seems as though their method has blown up in their face.

Page generated in 0.02168 seconds with 8 queries