View Single Post
Old January 15, 2010, 09:53 PM   #94
Don P

Quote:
I understand that the license may not have been able to be verified, instantly (although, in this age of computers and instant communications, it seems rather strange). I understand that because of this, the officer had probable cause to keep the firearm until it was shown to be lawfully possessed (and therefore, carried).
Possible problem. When I lived in the Commonwealth the local police chief issued the carry permit. Don't know if it changed since '92 and I am unsure if it was at the time linked to a state wide system.

Quote:
Why wasn't the attorney detained, along with the firearm, for alleged unlawful carry? If the officer had probable cause to retain the firearm, then he also had probable cause to detain the attorney. One sort of follows the other, I would think. Keep the firearm but let the criminal go?
This makes all the sense in the world. Cop screwed up big time. As stated attorney could have used it in a crime, murder and was let go.

thank the good lord I had enough sense to move from the dictatorship of the Commonwealth of Mass.
As you are, I once was, As I am, You will be.

Page generated in 0.03645 seconds with 8 queries